Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters (SEO)
Location: Flat Rock, North Carolina
For more information or to apply, contact Kenny Adcock at (828) 779-2771 or send us an email.
The main responsibility of the Administrative Assistant will be to help the Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director in any way possible. Duties include general clerical, receptionist and project-based work. Projects a Christ-like and professional image through in-person and phone interaction. Actively supports the Mission Statement of SEO.
(This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including physical mail and email.
- Meet and greet campers, staff counselors, parents and other visitors.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of the organization’s website.
- Maintain office calendar to coordinate workflow and meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and SEO information.
- Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office, QuickBooks or other programs.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/Fed Ex/Airborne packages.
- Research, price, and purchase office supplies.
- Coordinate with finance officer and maintain records for staff office space, phones, parking, company credit cards and office keys.
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Make travel arrangements as needed for staff.
- Attend SEO meetings as requested in order to record minutes. Compile and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Assists in special events, such as fundraising activities and the other SEO meetings.
- Seek God with all of their heart, soul and mind.
- Willingness to submit to the authority of the Camp Director.
- Respect the mission, goals and values of Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters organization.
- Continue to strengthen personal relationship with God and seeks to foster Christ-like characteristics within own family.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be reliable and demonstrate strong work ethic.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word Office.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to manage several things at once.
- Demonstrate integrity and in good standing from the position from which she/he is coming.
Spring / Fall Season: April 1 – May 31 & August 20 – September 30
- Average workday will be 8am – 5pm (with a 45 minute lunch break) unless a group is in camp and then he/she is expected to be here as long as deemed necessary by the Camp Director.
- Assistant Director will be “on call” 24/7 and is expected to work as deemed necessary by the Camp Director.
Camp Season: June 1 – August 19
- Average workday will be to report to camp by 7am and remain until all duties are fulfilled for that day as deemed necessary by the Camp Director.
Winter Season: October 1 – March 31
- Average workday will an 9am – 4pm workday (with a 45 minute lunch break).
- Plan “A” = days off: Monday and Tuesday following the weekend group (with a group here for the weekend).
- Plan “B” = days off: days off are Saturday and Sunday (without a group here for the weekend).
Staff evaluations will be scheduled periodically (a minimum of two – three times yearly)
Funding is to be raised by the employee with the salary amount to be determined and monitored by the SEO board of directors and agreed upon by employee. The salary amount will be evaluated every twelve months by the Board of Directors for Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters.
If the employee submits his/her resignation or is terminated from the position held under this contract, the remaining balance of their raised support, held in escrow by SEO, shall be divided between SEO and the employee. The percentage that the employee receives (up to a maximum of 75%) will be determined by the Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters Board of Directors and will be based on the reason for resignation or dismissal and number of years employee has been with organization.
There will be a budget submitted, for review, that shows what the person (and his/her family) would need to live in the area. This budget should reflect frugal spending habits and living a life style consistent with that of a modest living.
Days allowed for fundraising: 10 business days will be designated to focus on fundraising ie. Writing letters, following up with emails and making phone calls for the sake of raising necessary funding to supply the yearly salary. These days can be done from the home or office. These days will be used at the discretion of the individual, throughout the year, but not to interfere with the ongoing camp schedule unless otherwise approved by the camp director.
- Paid Vacation: Employee eligible for ten business days (Monday – Friday) per calendar year with a four week prior notification to the camp office and approved by Camp Director. One day per year will be added on the paid vacation plan for up to five years. Vacation days will not carry over from year to year.
- Unpaid Vacation: Employee eligible for five days per calendar year with a four week prior notification to camp office and approved by Camp Director.
- Sick/Personal/ Bereavement Leave: Employee eligible for seven paid days per calendar year. This is to include family doctor/dental appointments, family illness and funeral attendance. If employee experiences unusual circumstances (i.e. extended or unexpected illness), he/she may request additional sick days, which will be brought to the SEO board of directors for approval. All “Sick, Paid and Unpaid” days should be exhausted before employee can request additional sick leave. Sick leave will not carry over from year to year.
- Paid Holidays:
- Thanksgiving: Three business days – Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day, and the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Christmas: Five business days – Two days prior, Christmas Day, and the following three business days.
- New Years: One day – New Years Day.
- Easter: Two business days – Good Friday and the Monday following Easter Sunday.