Job Title: Social Media Manager
Organization: Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters (SEO)
Location: Flat Rock, North Carolina
For more information or to apply, contact Kenny Adcock at (828) 779-2771 or send us an email.
If you are searching for a career with impact, come see how we serve! This position researches ideas and generates proposed copy for daily social media and interactive communications on behalf of the President/CEO, contributing to overall efforts to communicate what God is doing through the ministry of Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters.
- Implement social media posts. Fact check, research, and verify post content and details as needed 24/7. Work with team to propose timely social media content ideas for Vice President and President to consider on a daily basis.
- Manage advertising accounts on social media platforms. Develop proposals for most effective advertising efforts.
- Coordinate with Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters departmental social media representatives to ensure effective, strategic collaboration.
- Stay current on latest trends, technologies, tools, sites, applications, and analytics related to communicating through the web and social media.
- Monitor and analyze social and interactive communications data to determine ROI in terms of traffic, reach, demand, and other quantitative and qualitative measures of effectiveness. Draw conclusions for future social media initiatives.
- Stay informed about Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters programs, projects, and activities.
- Manage responses to comments as needed on social media platforms within set guidelines.
- Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems as needed or directed by CEO/VP.
- Aligns with conservative stance in support of Biblical values.
- Possesses strong research and writing skills.
- Has proven work experience in all aspects of social media/networking.
- Handles multiple assignments and completes complex jobs under deadline pressure.
- Is able to travel domestically as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year College or university and/or three to five years’ experience in marketing and social media; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The employee must be an energetic, creative, and hands-on in effective social media implementation.
- Must support the views and Biblical stands of Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters and share a heart for promoting the Gospel and God’s work through said organization.
- A commitment to become an expert in social media.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and complete complex jobs under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- The employee must have strong communications skills, especially the ability to write clear, concise, compelling copy for publications.
- Ability to proofread text and make corrections in spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, factual accuracy, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
Staff evaluations will be scheduled periodically (a minimum of two – three times yearly)
Funding is to be raised by the employee with the salary amount to be determined and monitored by the SEO board of directors and agreed upon by employee. The salary amount will be evaluated every twelve months by the Board of Directors for Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters.
If the employee submits his/her resignation or is terminated from the position held under this contract, the remaining balance of their raised support, held in escrow by SEO, shall be divided between SEO and the employee. The percentage that the employee receives (up to a maximum of 75%) will be determined by the Screamin’ Eagle Outfitters Board of Directors and will be based on the reason for resignation or dismissal and number of years employee has been with organization.
There will be a budget submitted, for review, that shows what the person (and his/her family) would need to live in the area. This budget should reflect frugal spending habits and living a life style consistent with that of a modest living.
Days allowed for fundraising: 10 business days will be designated to focus on fundraising ie. Writing letters, following up with emails and making phone calls for the sake of raising necessary funding to supply the yearly salary. These days can be done from the home or office. These days will be used at the discretion of the individual, throughout the year, but not to interfere with the ongoing camp schedule unless otherwise approved by the camp director.
- Paid Vacation: Employee eligible for ten business days (Monday – Friday) per calendar year with a four week prior notification to the camp office and approved by Camp Director. One day per year will be added on the paid vacation plan for up to five years. Vacation days will not carry over from year to year.
- Unpaid Vacation: Employee eligible for five days per calendar year with a four week prior notification to camp office and approved by Camp Director.
- Sick/Personal/ Bereavement Leave: Employee eligible for seven paid days per calendar year. This is to include family doctor/dental appointments, family illness and funeral attendance. If employee experiences unusual circumstances (i.e. extended or unexpected illness), he/she may request additional sick days, which will be brought to the SEO board of directors for approval. All “Sick, Paid and Unpaid” days should be exhausted before employee can request additional sick leave. Sick leave will not carry over from year to year.
- Paid Holidays:
- Thanksgiving: Three business days – Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day, and the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Christmas: Five business days – Two days prior, Christmas Day, and the following three business days.
- New Years: One day – New Years Day.
- Easter: Two business days – Good Friday and the Monday following Easter Sunday.